There are things that delight and please the heavenly Father Yahuwah Elohim [the Hebrew name for the LORD God]. There are also things that sadden Him, things that He hates (Proverbs 6:16-19).
But Yahuwah Elohim [the LORD God] is good and merciful, and there is no unrighteousness in Him (Psalms 92:15). This is why He looks throughout the whole earth for those who are merciful and upright — those who have a heart to honour God in all they do, seeking to do what is pleasing to Him (2Chronicles 16:9a)! Whenever He finds such a person, He is delighted because their heart is like His — honest, truthful, humble, and faithful.
It is a wonderful feeling to know that we can bring delight to our heavenly Father. He wants us to know how to please Him! Do you have a desire to do what is pleasing in God’s sight, just as our Saviour, Yahushua Messiah [the Hebrew name for Jesus Christ]? (John 8:29)
If we desire to please our Father God, we need to know what pleases Him. Here are 8 things in the Holy Scriptures [the Bible] that please God — things that He delights in:
1. Walking By Faith
But Without Faith It Is Impossible To Please Him [God]: for he that comes to God must believe that God exists, and that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
As the above Scripture teaches us, this is a very basic, fundamental, and essential way that we can please and delight our heavenly Father — to ‘walk by faith‘ — to look to the unseen realm of His heavenly Kingdom, believing in the eternal, all-mighty Yahuwah Elohim [the LORD God], believing His Word, and trusting His goodness to reward us when we diligently seek Him.
We can see how important faith is in pleasing God as we study the Heroes of Faith in Hebrews chapter 11. The Heroes of Faith lived by faith!! They clung tenaciously to Yahuwah’s Word. In the midst of their struggles, they did not give up their faith! They set their affections [their concerns, their interests] on things above – not on things on the earth. (see Colossians 3:1-2)
Yahuwah’s desire for all His children is to learn to walk by faith, not by sight — to keep our eyes on Him, the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, the One Who cares for His children and wants us to trust Him!
Do you have a desire to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and to please God by walking by faith — by believing Yahuwah Elohim [the LORD God], trusting Him, and walking with Him according to His Word (Psalms 119:34)?
- By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. (Hebrews 11:8)
- By faith he [Moses] forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible. (Hebrews 11:27)
- And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise because God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect. (Hebrews 11:39-40)
- Let Your mercies come also unto me, O Yahuwah [the LORD], even Your salvation, according to Your Word. (Psalms 119:41)
- Let my cry come near before You, O Yahuwah [the LORD]: give me understanding according to Your Word. (Psalm 119:169)
Related Articles: Enduring As Seeing Him Who Is Invisible and Fight the Good Fight of Faith
2. Being Upright in All Your Ways
They that are of a froward heart are abomination to Yahuwah [the LORD]: but Such As Are Upright In Their Way Are Yahuwah’s [the LORD’s] Delight. (Proverbs 11:20)
The above Scripture teaches that the upright — the sincere, the honest and truthful — those who seek to maintain honour and moral integrity as a habit, as a way of life — such people are a delight to Yahuwah [the LORD].
Do you have a desire to be upright in all your ways?
- For the righteous Yahuwah [LORD] loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright [His face looks upon those doing what is right]. (Psalms 11:7)
- O continue Your lovingkindness unto them that know You [Yahuwah]; and Your righteousness to the upright in heart. (Psalms 36:10)
- To show that Yahuwah [the LORD] is upright: He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. (Psalms 92:15)
- Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto Your name [Yahuwah]: the upright shall dwell in Your presence. (Psalms 140:13)
- The way of Yahuwah [the LORD] is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity. (Proverbs 10:29)
Related Articles: Light Arises In The Darkness For The Upright and Preparing to Walk Into The Land of Uprightness
3. Being Truthful in All Your Dealings
Lying lips are abomination to Yahuwah [the LORD]: but They That Deal Truly Are Yahuwah’s [the LORD’s] Delight. (Proverbs 12:22)
The above Scripture teaches that those who make it a point to be faithfully truthful and honest in all their dealings are a delight to Yahuwah [the LORD].
Do you have a desire to be truthful in all your dealings?
- Withhold not Your tender mercies from me, O Yahuwah [the LORD]: let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me. (Psalms 40:11)
- Behold, You [Elohim (God)] delight in truth in the inward being, and You teach me wisdom in the secret heart. (Psalms 51:6)
- Teach me Your way, O Yahuwah [the LORD]; I will walk in Your truth: unite my heart to fear Your name. (Psalms 86:11)
- I have chosen the way of truth: Your judgments have I laid before me. (Psalms 119:30)
- Yahuwah [the LORD] is near unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. (Psalms 145:18)
Related Articles: Faithful in Little Things and Out of the Abundance of the Heart
4. Praying Out of A Pure Heart
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to Yahuwah [the LORD]: but The Prayer Of The Upright Is Yahuwah’s [the LORD’s] Delight. (Proverbs 15:8)
The ‘upright’ will be praying with sincerity and honesty — praying out of a pure heart, with no pretense. The prayers of the upright confidently trust in the heavenly Father’s listening ear. Yahuwah [the LORD] delights in such prayers!!
Do you have a desire to pray to the heavenly Father with a sensitive, humble, and sincere heart?
- Yahuwah [the LORD] is near unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. (Psalms 145:18)
- But know that Yahuwah [the LORD] has set apart him that is godly for Himself: Yahuwah [the LORD] will hear when I call unto Him. (Psalms 4:3)
- As for me, I will call upon Elohim [God]; and Yahuwah [the LORD] shall save me. (Psalms 55:16)
- For You, Yahuwah [the LORD], are good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon You. (Psalms 86:5)
- In the day of my trouble I will call upon You [Yahuwah]: for You will answer me. (Psalms 86:7)
Related Articles: He inclined His ear unto me and When You Pray
5. Having A Proper Fear of God
Yahuwah [the LORD] Takes Pleasure In Those That Fear Him, in those that hope in His mercy. (Psalms 147:11)
As the above Scripture teaches, those who have a proper fear of God, who have a genuine respect and awe for Yahuwah and His Word, and have a humble confidence in God’s goodness and mercy — these precious saints greatly please Yahuwah [the LORD]!!
Do you have a desire to truly respect and honour Father God as your way of life, and to maintain a hopeful attitude in His mercy?
- A son honours his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a Father, where is My honour? and if I be a Master [Lord], where is My fear? says Yahuwah [the LORD] of Hosts…. (Malachi 1:6a)
- He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him [Yahuwah/the LORD]: He also will hear their cry, and will save them. (Psalms 145:19)
- The angel of Yahuwah [the LORD] encamps round about them that fear Him, and delivers them. (Psalms 34:7)
- O fear Yahuwah [the LORD], you His saints: for there is no lack to them that fear Him. (Psalms 34:9)
- For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is Yahuwah’s [the LORD’s] mercy toward them that fear Him. (Psalms 103:11)
Related Articles: The Wisdom of the Fear of the LORD and God Has Put Eternity Into Our Heart
6. Yahuwah’s [the LORD’s] People
For Yahuwah [the LORD] Takes Pleasure In His People: He will beautify the meek with salvation. (Psalms 149:4)
Yahuwah’s people are those who have purified their souls by obeying the truth of the Gospel (1Peter 1:22-23; Colossians 1:3-5), by learning Messiah’s character to be meek and lowly of heart, and by being born-again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and thereby they have entered into the commonwealth of Israel (Romans 11:17-18; 1Peter 1:3; Ephesians 2:11-13). These are partakers of Yahuwah’s divine nature and are His people, and He delights in them by beautifying them with His salvation.
Have you been born-again as the apostle Peter explains in 1Peter 1:23, by the incorruptible Word of God, and have become a partaker of the divine nature, and are eagerly anticipating the Saviour’s return?
- Whosoever shall confess that Yahushua [Jesus] is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God. (1John 4:15)
- Yahushua [Jesus] answered, Truly, truly, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again. (John 3:5-7)
- Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2Peter 1:4)
- For your Maker is your husband; Yahuwah [the LORD] of hosts is His name; and your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; the God of the whole earth shall He be called. (Isaiah 54:5)
- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God. (1John 4:7)
- Yahushua [Jesus] said,… For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God. (John 16:27)
- Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32)
Related Articles: Father Knows Those Who Are His and The Torah: The Key to Unlocking God’s Word
7. Being Merciful to Others
Who is a God like unto You, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retains not His anger for ever, Because He Delights In Mercy. (Micah 7:1)
The Scriptures teach us that being merciful is one of our heavenly Father’s primary character qualities. God’s mercy is a very basic, foundational attribute of His character. Many times in the Scriptures, we can find examples and declarations of Yahuwah’s mercy.
As a Father, Yahuwah is tender-hearted and merciful toward His children, and He is quick to forgive, any time we come to Him with a sincere heart of sorrowful repentance.
For us to extend mercy and forgiveness to others can be an aroma of life, perhaps even a tipping point in a person’s life. Let us therefore extend mercy, showing ourselves to be merciful to others which will be a delightful thing in the eyes of our heavenly Father (Luke 6:36).
Can you give delight to the heavenly Father by showing genuine mercy to others just as Yahuwah [the LORD] has had such abundant mercy on you?
- Therefore be merciful, even as your (heavenly) Father is merciful. (Luke 6:36)
- For Yahuwah Elohim [the LORD your God] is a merciful God…. (Deuteronomy 4:31a)
- With the merciful You (Yahuwah) will show Yourself merciful…. (2Samuel 22:26a)
- Let us fall now into the hand of Yahuwah [the LORD]; for His mercies are great! (2Samuel 24:14a)
- All the paths of Yahuwah [the LORD] are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. (Psalms 25:10)
Related Articles: With The Merciful Father Shows Mercy and Messiah: The Brightness of God’s Glory
8. Living According to God’s Truth
I have no greater joy than to hear that My Children Walk In Truth. (3John 1:4)
Every good parent could make the above statement! It is a great joy and delight to have children who are living according to truth, and most importantly — according to the truth of God’s Word!! This is exactly how our heavenly Father feels about His children as well.
As we have seen in our previous Scriptures (Proverbs 12:22b; Psalms 147:11a), Yahuwah’s children have a heart to be truthful, as well as a genuine respect and awe for their heavenly Father. Therefore they honour God by doing as the Psalmist did:
I have chosen the way of truth: Your judgments have I laid before me. (Psalms 119:30)
Your Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against You. (Psalms 119:11)
Do you have a desire to walk in God’s truth (in obedience to His Word) that you may give joy to your heavenly Father?
- Yahushua [Jesus] said, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me. (John 14:6)
- Teach me Your way, O Yahuwah [LORD]; I will walk in Your truth: unite my heart to fear Your name. (Psalms 86:11)
- But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God. (John 3:21)
- And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Yahushua Messiah [Jesus Christ]. This is the true God, and eternal life. (1John 5:20)
- If so be that you have heard Him, and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Yahushua [Jesus]. (Ephesians 4:21)
Related Articles: Lead Me In Your Truth: Part 2 – The Ancient Paths and Lead Me In Your Truth: Part 3 – The Person of Truth
Post a Comment