The heavenly Father has shown us exactly what kind of Father He is, by revealing Himself through His Son, our Saviour.
God’s Son, Yahushua Messiah [the Hebrew name for Jesus Christ] told us:
- “…he that has seen Me has seen the Father” (John 14:9b).
- “I and my Father are one.” (John 10:30)
- “And the glory which You (Father) gave Me, I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are one.” (John 17:22)
The Scriptures confirm this truth in (Hebrews 1:1-3) when it says that Yahushua Messiah is ‘the brightness of God’s glory and the express image of God’s person‘ — the exact representation of God’s essence. (See also 2Corinthians 4:4; Colossians 1:15-16)
In the Gospels, we see over and over that Yahushua [Jesus] revealed the nature and character of His Father. Yahushua’s nature and character are exactly like that of His Father: gracious, full of compassion, slow to anger, of great mercy, and good to all (Psalm 145:8-9)
Also in the Gospels, we find the following phrase five times:
- “He [Yahushua] was moved with compassion….” (Matthew 9:36; 14:14; 18:27; Mark 1:41; 6:34)
When we see that Yahushua was moved with compassion, He was revealing the Father’s heart and character because He was (and is) in complete unity with His Father — the living, eternal, unchangeable Yahuwah Elohim [the Hebrew name for the LORD God].
As the Son of God, Yahushua Messiah displayed the characteristics of His Father. He revealed His Father’s love and mercy and compassion for countless multitudes!
Whenever we pray to the heavenly Father, whenever we sincerely humble ourselves before Father, we can know that He will be moved with compassion because His own Son demonstrated compassion continually to those who sought Him.
As children of the Most High, we can trust the heavenly Father, Yahuwah Elohim [the LORD God]! We can trust His very personal and immense love for us. His abundant love is the ‘silver lining’ of hope and mercy for those of us in God’s family — that Father will be attentive to us in the midst of our struggles, blunders, and afflictions!
While He Was Still a Long Way Off
Yahushua [Jesus] gave us another example of Father’s great love for His children in the Story of the Prodigal Son (see Luke 15:11-32).
The father in this story of the Prodigal Son is representative of the heavenly Father, Yahuwah Elohim. Notice the father’s reaction. The father was full of tender mercy and affection for his wayward son once his son had ‘come to his senses’ and had decided to return to his father:
- And the young son said to himself,… I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”‘ And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. (Luke 15:18-20)
Even before the son had expressed his repentance, the father ran to his son and embraced him! This is such a wonderful example of our heavenly Father’s great love and kindness! Father God knows what is in our heart. And when we sincerely repent, Father ‘runs‘ to us by His Holy Spirit, and meets us with His blessings of goodness and mercy.
The heavenly Father is eager and ready to meet those who come to Him through His Son (John 6:35-40; see also John 14:6). Father knows the very first inclination we have toward Him, and therefore He runs! He runs to meet us with compassion and forgiveness!
“How beautiful is God’s love for us! He has infinite intelligence and perfect knowledge of what is truly best for all.” — Charles Finney
Though we may know our unworthiness to receive of God’s great goodness and kindness, yet Father has revealed His heart of compassion through this story of The Prodigal Son. Father God’s heart is that when we come to Him, sincerely cry out to Him, at any time and at any place, He will receive us!
As we saw in Messiah: Not An Ordinary Man, Yahushua Messiah is the only person who could have revealed the true nature of the heavenly Father.
Yahuwah Elohim [the LORD God] sent His only begotten Son into the world as the exact representation of Himself, for Yahushua Messiah alone, and none other, is the brightness of God’s glory!
- Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in Yahuwah [the LORD]. (Psalms 31:24)
- Messiah: Not an Ordinary Man
- Messiah: The Word Made Flesh
- Messiah: The Prophet Sent From God
- The Glorious Bride of Messiah
- Messiah’s Bride – The King’s Daughter
- Searching Out The Mystery of Messiah
- Eliyah: Making Ready A People Prepared For Messiah
- Following Messiah: Two Basic Qualities
- Growing Up In Messiah
- Messiah is Our Example
- The Journey of This Life: Walking with Messiah
- Followers of Messiah: Let us Keep the Passover Feast
- He Is Coming With the Clouds
Post a Comment