Good character qualities are worthy traits to acquire and maintain. Good character qualities shine as a light in the darkness!
Good character qualities can come only from the One who is the source of such things — the Holy Spirit! As a loving Father, Yahuwah [the LORD] gives blessings to those with good character qualities!
The blessings He desires to pour out on His children are
- blessings of lovingkindness and favor;
- blessings of well-being, understanding, and hope;
- blessings of His peace, comfort, truth, faith, and mercy.
This is the abundant life that Yahushua [Jesus] promised to give to those who come to Him (John 10:10a).
Yahuwah is very generous, and our prayers for good character qualities will surely be answered! Father rewards His children who diligently seek His will. If we fervently desire to shed our selfish ways, and earnestly desire to learn of Him, then He delights in blessing our efforts:
Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. (Proverbs 8:32)
Yahushua [Jesus] tells us, “Come unto me, …. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart…. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).
Have we taken His yoke upon us that we may learn of Him? He has told us that we will be blessed for keeping His Ways, for learning His character, for becoming like Him:
1. Blessed are the meek.
2. Blessed are the patient.
3. Blessed are the upright.
4. Blessed are the faithful.
5. Blessed are the humble.
6. Blessed are the merciful.
7. Blessed are the pure in heart.
8. Blessed are the peacemakers.
9. Blessed are those trusting in Yahuwah.
10. Blessed are those obedient to Yah’s Word.
Meekness (Matt. 5:5a), Patience (Isa. 30:18b), Uprightness (Psa.119:1,2 & Prov.10:6a), Faithfulness (Prov. 28:20a), Humility, Merciful, Purity, Peacemaker (Matt.5:3,7,8,9), Trusting (Psa. 2:12), Obedient (Luke 11:28).
What beautiful and honourable character qualities! These are His character qualities!
Oh for the grace to be like Him! As Watchman Nee once said: “He is worthy for me just to live for Him!”
Yes, our heavenly Father’s character makes Him worthy of all our efforts to diligently seek His ways, living a life that is pleasing to Him!
What profit is it for us to learn many things, and yet be without the virtue of living a holy and upright life? In the end, how we behaved will be far more important than all our knowledge or talents.
Our character affects our way of life and attitudes! If we do not exercise firm resolve to improve our character, and make the necessary sacrifices, then we will miss out on His peace that surpasses understanding!
Seeking to acquire His good character traits is not easy! But His blessings are worth our struggles and trials. His comforting mercies and presence are worth our agonizing efforts! Therefore, let us determine, with Father’s help, to seek to improve any weakness in our character. His abundant blessings of peacefulness, contentment, and an inner strength await us! (see Hebrews 12:11; Proverbs 10:29)
Notice Father’s Encouragement
The prophet Isaiah tells us … “He [Yahuwah] will be very gracious unto you at the voice of your cry; when He shall hear it, He will answer you” (Isa 30:19b).
It pleases Father when we diligently seek His will and His ways! All our problems will not disappear, but having His presence in our lives is the abundant life!
Father rewards our efforts to walk in His ways; and as the above verse tells us, He will be very gracious to us if we lift up our voice to Him, asking His help — help to become like Him:
- Seeking to be serving rather than ruling.
- Seeking to be patient rather than selfish.
- Seeking to be humble of spirit rather than proud of spirit.
- Seeking to be merciful and forgiving rather than demanding and accusing.
Oh how we need His enabling grace!!
Yahuwah’s beautiful, honourable character traits draw us to Him! His character is one of the big reasons why He is trust-worthy!
Seeking to become like Him — walking as He walked (see 1John 2:6), is how we can come to know the blessings of His abundant life!
- Be Ye Therefore . . .– a brief look at some of Father’s standards for His children
- Building the Walls of Our Character – learning key insights for the ‘great work’ of buidling up the walls of our character
- Blessed Are They Which Do Hunger– steps for increasing our hunger for Yahuwah
- The Peculiar Treasure of Yahuwah– learning the value of being ‘peculiar’
- Those Who Gathered Little Had No Lack– recognizing Yahuwah’s mercy in the midst of our weakness
- Preparing Your Heart– learning steps for serving God in purity and obedience
- To This One Will I Look– three keys for pleasing God
- Do You Know How To Add? If So, You’re On The Road To Perfection – seven attributes to add to your faith
- Light Arises in the Darkness for the Upright