This is an easy poem for a child to say.
Each line has eight beats.
Once you get the rhythm, it is a fun thing to say.
A Poem For The Sabbath Day
The Seventh Day of every week,
Is God’s great Gift for us to seek.
The Sabbath is for us to rest,
When Friday’s sun sets in the west.
We keep Shabbat of every week.
We find God’s Best is very sweet.
He gave the Sabbath from the start.
He liked Creation, every part.
The Seventh Day – a Gift for us,
We gladly rest, and stop each fuss!
God set apart this Holy Day,
For us to learn to keep His Way.
The Sabbath is a sign for Him,
That all His kids are home, within.
We’re safe inside His garden, sweet.
The Sabbath Day, we love to keep.
The Fourth Command tells us what’s true.
Shabbat is like God’s weekly glue.
We learn His ways each Sabbath Day,
We cling to Him, and never stray.
The joy we find when we obey
Is greater than the world’s heyday.
The Sabbath is a Gift for man.
Enjoy this Rest from Father’s Hand.
- 1 hour 14 minute Video: Shabbat Shalom: The Creator’s Gift to Weary Man
- The Sabbath Day Is A Sign
- The Sabbath Day Secret
- Let Me Not Wander From Your Commandments
- Unite My Heart to Fear Your Name
- Following Messiah: Two Basic Qualities
- Acquiring A Teachable Heart
- Abiding in His Love
- Obeying Torah is Not About Salvation
- Under His Wings I Shall Trust
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible – excellent guidelines for learning how to study God’s Word for ourselves