Many times we discover, with hind-sight, that we could have done something better. Yet the Scriptures give us plenty of instruction for learning what is better and thus, avoid problems.
Sometimes this word better is also translated good or well or goodness or best. So we can see that what is better is often very good, more excellent, or what would actually be best.
Below is a list of only 20 of the things that Yahuwah [the LORD] considers better!
Let us learn and apply these simple guidelines of what is better to our own lives. With Father’s help, living according to these guidelines will help us live with fewer troubles, and eventually, have less stress and strife!
1. The wisdom of Yahuwah is better — than rubies. (Prov 8:11)
2. A poor man is better — than a liar. (Prov 19:22)
3. Yahuwah’s love is better — than wine. (Song 1:2)
4. The end of a thing is better — than the beginning. (Ecc 7:8)
5. Yahuwah’s lovingkindness is better — than life. (Psa 63:3)
6. The patient in spirit is better — than the proud in spirit. (Ecc 7:8)
7. Not making a vow is better — than making a vow and not paying. (Ecc 5:5)
8. He that is slow to anger is better — than the mighty. (Prov 16:32)
9. To obey the Word of Yahuwah is better — than sacrifice. (1Sam 15:22)
10. He that rules his own spirit is better — than he that takes a city. (Prov 16:32)
11. A handful, with quietness is better — than both hands full, with travail and vexation of spirit. (Ecc 4:6)
12. A little, with righteousness is better — than great revenues, without right. (Prov 16:8)
13. To dwell in the wilderness is better — than to dwell with a contentious and angry woman. (Prov 21:19)
14. A dinner of herbs where love is is better — than a fattened ox, and hatred therewith. (Prov 15:17)
15. To hear the rebuke of the wise is better — than to hear the song of fools. (Ecc 7:5)
16. To go to the house of mourning is better — than to go to the house of feasting. (Ecc 7:2)
17. A little, with the fear of Yahuwah, is better — than great treasure, and trouble therewith. (Prov 15:16)
18. The poor that walks in his integrity is better — than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. (Prov 28:6)
19. To be of a humble spirit with the lowly is better — than to divide the spoil with the proud. (Prov 16:19)
20. The blood of Yahushua Messiah speaks better — than the blood of Abel. (Heb 12:24)
- Gleanings of WISDOM
- The Peculiar Treasure of Yahuwah
- How Can I Satisfy My Thirsty Soul?
- Only The Wise Shall Understand
- Thy Torah Is My Delight
- 22 Things That Are Great